while some were born heroes

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life,
or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show."
-David Copperfield, Charles Dickens

7/30/2010

All in the name of beauty

In the name of beauty, I would endure an entire afternoon in shoes two sizes too small, simply because I have always wanted to don a pair of pink and black tennis shoes. In the name of beauty, I would wear rabbit pajama bottoms even if they gave me an unbearable rash.
But I would not, in the name of beauty, stop myself from wandering to the refrigerator at least eight times a day and rummaging around for a stray popsicle or leftover sandwich. I would not save money meant for pop tarts and candies in order to purchase that shirt I've been eyeing. And not even in the name of beauty would I end my gummy bear addiction.
Thank goodness I'm no slave to beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment